Does your business own a domain? As a part of our Business plan, you can set up a custom domain to place your Video Landing Pages on your own website. This way, the viewers will see your website name every time they visit your Video Landing Pages, which is great for brand awareness and consistency.
What is a Custom Domain?
When you create a Video Landing Page with Wave.video, it is given a wave.video URL that looks like this:
https://watch.wave.video/your-unique-video-id. If you want to change the watch.wave.video part of the link to your own website, you can do so by setting up a custom domain. The URL address with a custom domain looks like this:
https://watch.wave.video/your-unique-video-id. You can format it in different ways: watch.yourwebsite.com, video.yourwebsite.com, landings.yourwebsite.com, or any other variant depending on your needs and preferences.
How to set up a custom domain
- Please note that at the moment subdomains only work for HTTP addresses, HTTPS is coming soon.
- Make sure that you have a Business subscription or upgrade your subscription to use this feature.
- Create a subdomain. A subdomain precedes your website name. For example, in watch.wave.video, watch is a subdomain. The subdomain that you choose will be a part of your Video Landing Page URLs. We recommend you to choose descriptive or actionable subdomains, such as play, view, landings, or videos.
- Add a CNAME record for this subdomain pointing to watch4.wave.video. Save your changes.
- Double-check if the CNAME record has been set up correctly. We recommend you to use this service: https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/dig
- Contact the Wave.video support by email at email@example.com or by chat on the website. Provide your custom domain name, and we will set up your custom domain on our side.
- You will have to manually replace all your Video Landing Page URLs to use your custom domain: