What Is Video Marketing and Why Does Your Company Need It?
What is video marketing? Most marketers use video marketing as a term that covers different aspects of using video content to reach their desired audience. Certainly, you might associate marketing content with sales; however, it might also be used to encourage website visits, email signups, or even to help improve some aspect of customer service.
Typically, internet marketing plans cover all of these different areas of branding, increasing sales, and retaining and delighting customers. If you think about marketing this way, you can probably come up with dozens of topics that you could base video content upon.
What is Video Marketing Vs. Marketing a Video?
Cisco predicts that internet users will spend 80 percent of their time online watching videos by 2019. It’s pretty intuitive to assume that marketers can engage an audience by delivering the kind of content that people appear to prefer. At the same time, lots of new video content gets added to websites, search engines, and websites each day.
Most companies need to promote videos before they can use them to help promote their business. Thus, it’s prudent to understand the importance of video marketing and marketing (promoting) a video.
Why Create Marketing Videos?
These are results from extensive studies from that should encourage you to begin producing this kind of content to help engage your audience:
- Pages with videos are several times more likely to rank well on Google. Google also tends to rank YouTube content well.
- Videos can help improve email click-through and open ratios. Just including the word “video” in the subject line can help increase open rates.
- Several studies have found that sales pages that have videos convert better than those without. There may be several reasons for this, but videos may help keep visitors on a page longer. Also, people like visual content.
- Having video can open up internet platforms that text or simple photos can’t reach. YouTube is an obvious example, but there are others. Also, videos tend to convert and engage well on all social networks, even those that aren’t only oriented towards video.
How to Use Videos for Marketing
You can create videos for your sales pages, business blog, FAQ section, help pages, social networks, and video-sharing sites. Videos can drive attention to your brand, teach consumers how to use your product, or even help them use your ordering or shopping cart system. If you have a message that you would like to deliver to your potential or current customers, you can probably do it very well with a video.
You might want to use shorter and snappier videos for social networks and then reserve longer content for your site or for sites like YouTube. Typically, marketers use social sites to engage and attract an audience that they hope to attract to their sales and lead-capture pages. Meanwhile, internet users are likely to search websites and video-sharing sites for content that will provide them with more in-depth information or instructions.
Before you produce a video, you should consider the message you want to deliver, your intended audience, and the business goals that your content can help support. Your marketing videos don’t always have to ask for a sale, but they should usually be designed to encourage a user to perform some action and to reflect positively on your brand.
Why Market Videos?
After you invest in quality video marketing content, you might wonder why you should have to invest even more time or money to promote it. While the demand for good videos is still growing, so is the number of new videos that get uploaded each day. In order to enjoy the returns that your valuable content deserves, you need to tell people about it.
You may be able to promote your content with platforms and channels that you have already put in place. These are some simple examples of way to make sure that lots of people see your content:
- Post regularly on social networking websites. If you just post once or twice, many social site users are likely to miss it.
- Use your content to answer questions about relevant issues. You might search third-party forums and question-and-answer sites for topics that relate to your industry and content.
- Optimize your own website’s video pages to rank well in search engines. You should optimize for large search engines and for video-sharing and social sites.
- Include a notice about your new video to your current subscribers. If you have email, text, or channel subscribers, let them know that you have new video for them to watch.
- In some cases, you may even decide to spend some money on paid ads. You’ll probably find that it’s easier and cheaper to promote your content than to actually pay to advertise your products or services. Video ads have been performing well on sites like Facebook, and you can use them to improve your reach or website traffic.
Your Company Needs Video Marketing
Yes, your company can probably enjoy higher returns with video marketing. In addition, you are likely to do even better if you exert a bit of effort to promote your videos. Just consider your business goals and the many creative ways that you can use video to help support them. Then produce quality videos and let your audience know where to find them.